[pct-l] PCT Beer Story

Ground Pounder groundpounderbill22 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 18 16:57:12 CDT 2011

"How's Your Trail?"  Beer Stories,  A couple of years ago 2 friends from work wanted to go on a Backpacking trip. They hadn't been in a long time so I thought an over nighter would do. We were going to hike from Hwy 74 to Live Oak spring. We had gone about three miles and one of the guys starts getting sick, to much sun and not much water. We decided to camp where we were, a nice sandy area big enough for 3 tents. I got my tent up while the guys were sitting in some shade cooling off and drinking hot beer. I couldn't believe what I saw. One guy was carrying an 18 pack of Coors lite in his backpack with everything else. I drank one hot beer that was enough for me, YUCK  I guess it's true "Be Prepared"  Ground Pounder Bill  "Semper Fi"