[pct-l] SLEEPING BAG SHOUT OUT!

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:42:15 CDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:30 AM,  <abiegen at cox.net> wrote:
> I also used the Montbell UL Super Spiral Down Hugger #3 last year. The first few days we had really cold weather (kicking frost off the tent in the morning) and I felt it wasn't warm enough. When I used it as a quilt over my Neoair occasionally using my down jacket as well , it was very comfortable.
>
> TrailHacker

Yeah very much agree that the #3 is not temp-rated for the entire PCT
without layering of cloths. I figure between my Patagonia #3 and my MB
UL Down Inner Parka top/bottom I should be good-to-go down to about
18-22 without problems and probably down into the 0-15 range with a
bit of discomfort. But, sure beats carrying the extra weight of a
zero-degree bag that is just dead-weight. At least the Patagonia & MB
Parka can double duty so they are not always dead weight. btw, I too
love the MBULSSDH as a quilt - the vast majority of the time that is
how I use it.

John