[pct-l] Hiking with an umbrella?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:06:51 CDT 2011

I carried a trekking umbrella all the way last year.  I used it in the
deserts, one hail storm south of Tahoe, and all across WA.  I wish I'd just
shipped it to WA after the deserts, but loved it when I needed it.  I carry
a big camera, and I didn't have to stow it when the rain was light, which
was most of the time, and could still shoot pix.  It also keeps water out of
your pack as it covers the never really watertight pack covers I used.  I
cinch my chest strap over the shaft and never had to use my hands for it.

Shroomer