[pct-l] first night out

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:33:37 CDT 2011

I believe that if you walk in peace, expecting peace, then peace is what you
will find. I really do believe that.  I recognize that not everyone agrees
with me, but please, if do you choose to carry a weapon, carefully consider
under what conditions you might actually use it. Is it the best choice under
most or all circumstances?  You don't want to escalate. Serial killers and
rapists are very rare on the trail; drunken fools are more common (though
still very rare). I'd argue that pepper spray would be a more effective
choice. It's lighter, it's legal, and can be used far more safely than a
gun.

River