[pct-l] Trekking poles?

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:14:48 CDT 2011

Dear Gerry

The trekking poles are highly recommended for every one. It will
reduce the shock  for the ankle and
knee, although it will increase the energy expenditure about 20 %. The
weight of poles does not related to the energy expenditure, so the any
pole is OK. The much of the energy will be consumed when you swing the
pole forwardly. So, I think it will be better to use poles shorter as
possible, and I think it will be better to take off the plastic basket
of the tip of the poles, then it will be lighter when you swing.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )