[pct-l] Tarp construction

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 16 15:09:45 CDT 2011

Good afternoon, Mike,

Regular tie-out grommets are far-and-away the best, with a
pebble-in-the-corner a poor second.  A sheet bend attachment is really poor.

A sheet bend – which has the same bends as a bowline, but for a different
application – won’t hold on most of the thin, slick tarp materials.  Even if
a sheet bend can be made to hold, considerable material will be required to
do so which significantly adds to the sheet wrinkling and sagging tendency.
I would certainly try such a knot under strain conditions rather than
assuming it will be successful.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09