[pct-l] One person tent

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Tue Mar 15 21:38:13 CDT 2011

I've used a Tarptent Contrail the last couple years.  It survived a
torrential hail storm and then almost an hour long downpour in the
Maroon Bells.  Water was rushing UNDER the bathtub floor.  My down quilt
was damp, but  never got wet.  It was the kind of storm where water is
falling upwards from impact on the ground.  24 ounces...

It's got enough volume and 360 degree adjustable ventilation that I've
never really had condensation issues where I even began to get worried
about getting the quilt and other gear wet.

Yes, this is a ringing endorsement of Henry Shires' designs.

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD