[pct-l] One person tent

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:08:14 CDT 2011

I recommend the Solo Big Agnes.

The Outside recommended the solo REI half dome this year and I don't know
why.  I bought one and tried it out.  The floor was a perfect rectangle.  I
have typical female proportions, not man arms or man shoulders.  Yet I felt
crowded at the shoulder and very claustrophobic.  There is no way a man
would be comfortable in this.  I don't know what Outside was thinking or if
they even tried it out.  The S*olo Big Agnes* was a couple ounces lighter
and triangular shaped.  My feet don't need a lot of room and I felt
comfortable at the shoulder.  I felt it would also be adequate for a man.

Melanie