[pct-l] Tarp construction

Sam Griffin samgriffin4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:05:50 CDT 2011

I've used a tyvek tarp before, and it worked out really well. It was a large
square, and I would tie one corner off with some sort of hitch to a hiking
pole or tree, and the other three I'd make grommits with dirt and such. Kept
me dry as a bone, didn't even need a ground cloth, except in snow sometimes
it got really heavy and would collapse. Was actually using the thing as my
backpack too, rolling it into a bedroll with some p-cord and using some
webbing as straps. Stuff keeps you dry!!!! I love waking up dry on a rainy,
slushy, sleety morning.

Sam