[pct-l] Fwd: Re: stove fuel

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 00:26:58 CDT 2011

Gerry wrote:

Just wondering how much alcohol I need to bring for 7days I just need to
bring water to a boil, I don't need to cook for long periods of time I am
thinking 1 quart for the week.  Sound about right?

Depends on how many hot meals per day you're planning on - 1, 2, or 3?  A
quart is a LOT of alcohol.  The best thing you can do is play with your
stove a bit before you go.  Figure out how much fuel you need to cook one
meal then multiply that by how many meals you're figuring on.

Eric