[pct-l] Katoola KTS crampons

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:45:12 CDT 2011

As is so with many types of gear and clothing, differences in anatomy and
style of hiking will account for some enjoying and some dreading having
spent 150 dollars on the Katoola KTS crampons.  I will say though I have a
few friends who have the steel version who love them and regularly use them
on Mount Shasta.  They say they have never had any rolling.  According to
the Kahtoola website, a sherpa who climb Mount Everest in 12 hours in 2003
used them the whole way as well.

Anyways, there is only one way to find out if they work safely for you.
Better to do it sooner rather than later if your thru hiking cause then
maybe you can return them.  Good luck and be safe.

Ben Grunbaum