[pct-l] Self Arrest - Instep Crampons

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Mar 14 17:14:49 CDT 2011

Hey, Philippe!

Couldn't agree more! 12-point crampons used in the thru-hiker setting are
unnecessary and dangerous, both to your own legs and tendons (gashed from
the other foot) and while self-arresting for the reason you pointed out.

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd