[pct-l] Kerosene/ fuels in general

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 16:24:01 CST 2011

Hello All
Unfortunately I will not be making it out for a thru hike this year.  In a
year or two I hope to join the club although I am not looking forward to the
side effects upon finishing (CHD).  Anyways, I have an Optimus Nova stove
and was curious as to the availability of fuel like kerosene along the
trail.  It seems to be one of the most commonly available fuels anywhere
people tend to car camp (Coleman brand).  The manual says the nova is
designed solely for petroleum based fuels.  Are there any others aside from
car gasoline (sooty and hazardous) that one could find along the trail and
use safely.

Ben