[pct-l] trail snacks

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:47:31 CST 2011

Trust me. This is a true story.
On my 1980 trek, the three members of the GMC Expedition -- Garrison, McKinney, Castillo -- by chance happened to wind up in Whitewater on Easter weekend.

My latest drop box, which I'm guessing weight about 20 pounds, contained plastic eggs in a variety of colors.

I woke early on Easter Sunday, partly to reflect in solitude but also to stuff the plastic eggs with jelly beans (also in the drop box) and hide them along the trail.

It didn't take long for G and M to figure it out. But it was worth the laughs, especially "I wonder what kind of backup the Easter Bunny is wearing?"

GMC eventually morphed into Revolving Ramen.

Speaking of which, I don't eat Ramen noodles these days.

But I haven't lost my appetite for humor and pranks.

Ernie Castillo
PCT Class of 1980