[pct-l] emergency prep

J. Michael Hanssen mhanssen at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 11 03:06:30 CST 2011

so, the sirens are blasting and a tsunami is on its way.....
I live at sea level in HI and have gone thru the drill before.
I'm in a hiking frame of mind though as I prepare for my thruhike:
first items in the car (headed for higher ground)???
......all my thruhike gear (which was spread out in my LR anyway. As I
watch the replay of the wave hitting Japan, I fear
that no self-arrest skills will come in handy tonight. Anyway I'm
prepared and will campout tonight up the mountain and
hope for the best. Have invited neighbors to join me in my tents. Good
luck Left Coast - there's a watch out for the shoreline there too.
Stay Safe!
Aloha, speedbump