[pct-l] SOBO - actually 1:24000 globe

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Thu Mar 10 20:12:34 CST 2011

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:45:33 -0800
> From: CHUCK CHELIN <steeleye at wildblue.net>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] SOBO
> To: abiegen at cox.net
> Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net
>
> Good morning, TrailHacker,
>
> I think you?re correct.  The conventional terminology seems to be, ?Up
> North, down South, out West, and back East?.   A 1:24,000 scale globe
> would
> be a real hoot.

At just under 1700' in diameter it would be almost large enough to hike on
(though anything south of -20 Lat probably would turn into aid climbing)...
if one bought one online - would UPS deliver it? Or DHL - aren't they the
ones that "deliver the world"? Maybe a "some assembly required" kit?

TheDuck