[pct-l] Large Scale Maps

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 10 17:12:05 CST 2011

What about the Tom Harrison San Jacinto map?

I emailed Tom Harrison asking what maps to get because it's hard to
tell what maps cover what areas if you don't know all the names of
the various wilderness areas and whatnot. Here was his reply to me in
2008:

Hi Diane - Here is a list of our maps that cover the PCT:
Angeles Front Country
Angeles High Country
Desolation Wilderness
Emigrant Wilderness
Golden Trout Wilderness
Hoover Wilderness
John Muir Trail Map-Pack
Kings Canyon High Country
Mammoth High Country
Mono Divide High Country
Mt Whitney High Country
San Jacinto Wilderness
Yosemite High Country
Lake Tahoe
San Diego Backcountry
Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP
Yosemite NP

The John Muir Trail Map-Pack essentially covers the portions of the
PCT that are included on the Mt Whitney, Kings Canyon, Mono Divide,
and Mammoth High Country maps, so you could save some money by just
buying the Map-Pack for those areas.
Hope this helps.