[pct-l] SOBO

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Thu Mar 10 12:12:24 CST 2011

Mike Chapman <altathunder76 at gmail.com> wrote:

I remember a journal from last season that ended in sadness and
gloom,it read "going SoBo for time purposes"  I then thought to
myself,didnt the record get beat going NoBo? Did these people think
that SoBo meant walking downhill to mexico?

I checked my globe today. Going SOBO you start at the top of the globe in Canada and kind of glissade down to Mexico which is much lower on the globe. Lots of talk on the list about maps but a globe includes the curvature of the earth which many thru-hikers ignore. Now if I can just get my globe to double as a bear canister, I'll be set!

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln