[pct-l] Andrew Skurka....an American Icon

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Mar 10 10:26:31 CST 2011

Hi gang,
The March National Geographic Magazine has an article about Andy's  176
day, 4679 mile Alaska journey on foot,  raft and skis in 2010.
As already mentioned on the list, Andy is going to give a talk on his
Alaska trip and on UL backpacking at the LaJolla  (San Diego)  YWCA  on
April 21 and 23.
If you want to learn about Andy's ''Alaska Journey"  or  UL backpacking
I highly recommend  you attend Andy's presentation and learn from the
''Master of UL".....I know I will be there.

When I first learned about Andy's plan I thought...''BOY"...''WE MAY
NEVER HEAR FROM ANDY AGAIN".
Karen and I have been following Andy's adventures on his web site ever
since we met him a few years ago.
Andy is an extremly nice, friendly, intelligent and likable person and
yes, a warning to the ladies....he is also extremely good
looking.....almost as good looking as I am.

He is an American ''Hiking Icon'' and one of my heroes.

BTW....if any of you  are planing to hike the "Sierra High Route"  I
highly suggest you get Andy's "CD - MAP"  for the route.
I got mine recently and highly recommend it.

JMT Reinhold