[pct-l] Large Scale Maps

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 10 09:27:54 CST 2011

Good morning,

For the large-view purpose you describe I prefer to carry prints of USGS
1:500,000 maps from my National Geographic TOPO! software.  Since I already
have the PCT route and related information displayed on TOPO! it’s easy to
print a 1:500k map for each resupply segment.

For those who do not have TOPO! for the entire three-state distance maybe
HalfMile could be persuaded to add this type of overview to his trail map
offering.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye