[pct-l] Thru-Hiking On A Budget

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 07:18:34 CST 2011

Ordinance Officer Reinhold writes: A machete will be useless, only direct canon fire is a defense against that trail pirate.  Tell the guy to leave the machete behind and carry instead a front loading canon, 5 canon balls, and a sack of black powder Oh yes, tell him to keep the canon loaded at all times and wind and water proof matches at the ready.
Switchback replies: No, no, no.  This is so simple.  I thought everyone was up to speed on this.  The procedures for continuing your PCT journey through pirate country is to pay tribute.  Also, if you have some hiking partners that you would like to secretly donate to my trail auctions to the Indians, then that will be gladly  accepted too as toll payment.