[pct-l] Chaos On The PCT

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Mar 9 22:02:26 CST 2011

Yes Doug,
It seems that  "BARN  FEVER"  is breaking out early this year.
The  "HERD"  is getting nervous, and anxious to break out of the barn
and stampede down the trail.
They will be stampeding towards the last major water hole before the
desert were  "DONNA"  will be waiting
  for the  "HERD"  with open arms to feed and calm the  "HERD"  before
they migrate North towards their final destination, the Canadian Border.

God bless the  "HERD"  and may they find many Meadows to graze in and
many water troughs to water in on their migration north.
And yes, may they be spared from this dreadful  "Mad Cow Disease"  that
has been ravishing herds world wide.

JMT Reinhold
Doug wrote:

PCT PARTICIPANT PANIC OFFICIALLY SETS IN Western United States - With
the arrival of March, the low fever of a few has developed into a
full-blown panic of hundreds, as hikers anticipate and prepare for their
Pacific Crest Trail departure.

Rumors abound of grown men and women sleeping on the floor, walking in
the freezing rain, and packing and repacking their gear.

  Homeland security has gone to alert Orange in response to email
chatter about "resupply buckets," "bounce boxes," and, most alarming of
all, the best way to "protect my pack" at airport check-in. In an
attempt not to alert authorities, suspects are advising their adherents
to avoid flying with Bic lighters, hexamine tablets, and isobutane.

There appears to be an indecipherable code in use nicknamed
ADZPCTKOMYGODMYPACKCANTWEIGHSEVENTEENFRIGGINPOUNDSOMGOMGOMG.
  Paranormal activity is on the rise as well.

  Incredible stories of "angels" and "beautiful oases in the desert" and
feet spontaneously growing as much as 2 1/2 sizes are rampant.

  "I don't know what's going on," commented San Diego grocery store
owner Sal Fishburn, "but I got these wild-eyed people asking how long my
tortillas stay fresh.
  How should I know? Don't folks just buy them and eat them?
  Then, those loonies see how many of them they can stuff in this big
blue plastic keg thingie.

Geez!" Shroomer, Steel-Eye, and Halfmile, whose real names are being
withheld pending notification of next of kin, have made valiant attempts
to calm raw nerves, to no avail.

byline Doug Tow