[pct-l] Lets Talk: Hats

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:41:55 CST 2011

Hey All,

Well I slacked off last month and forgot to post a "lets talk" post to
share our favorite piece of 'whatever' gear for the month.

Thought this month we could talk about hats that people use/like/love
while on-trail.

Be it an expensive and loved-by-many Tilley hat, or the Mountain
Hardwear Downpour Wide Brim Rain Hat (selected by Backpacking mag as
the best rain hat), or the very trendy and lightweight OR Echo cap, or
maybe one of the most loved hats by women, the Sunday Afternoons Sport
Hat. Or maybe you are the adventurous type and have built your own
custom made hat like Joe from zpacks.

(referenced hats)

Tilley Airflo Hat: http://www.tilley.com/LTM6-AIRFLO-Nylamtium-Hat.aspx

MH Downpour: http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Men%27s-Downpour%E2%84%A2-Wide-Brim-Rain-Hat/OM3999,default,pd.html

OR Echo: http://www.outdoorresearch.com/site/echo_cap.html

Sunday Afternoons Sport Hat:
http://www.sundayafternoons.com/store/mens-sport-hat.html

Joe/ZPacks: http://www.zpacks.com/large_image.shtml?about/cdt_gear/cdt8_l.jpg

Anyway, what is your favorite hat for when you hit the trail?

John