[pct-l] Adjusting after the hike, missing trail life

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Mar 7 23:10:31 CST 2011

I didn't do a thru hike, either. I did two section hikes. One 1200
miles and the other 1800 miles. I've never been a thru-hiker. I have
no idea if I could even do such a thing! Still, the two 3-month
experiences I had left a big mark on me. I always wanted to do it
ever since I was 10. I was 43 when I left Campo.

I am going to try to look at my boring concrete-and-asphalt life like
the opposite of a long distance hike. When I was hiking the PCT I
would hike 4-5 days and then take a couple days off in town. I'll
just reverse that. I'll spend 4-5 days in town and then take a couple
days off on a trail somewhere.

I've been having fun shopping for my resupplies and running my
dehydrator again and fixing my gear and buying new gear.