[pct-l] Weight question

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Mar 4 20:30:41 CST 2011

I don't think it's worthwhile to put on weight before the hike.
You'll lose all your excess weight in the first few weeks. I met a
guy near Tehachapi who had lost 50lbs. I, a woman who is
metabolically gifted for long distance hiking, lost 25lbs by Big
Bear. If you are metabolically gifted for sitting on your butt eating
potato chips without looking like you do, you'll lose any extra
weight in a week.

Unless you can keep extra weight on longer than a couple weeks, it's
probably not going to help you.

Diane