[pct-l] Weight question

Eric johner27 at evergreen.edu
Fri Mar 4 17:38:21 CST 2011

But not packweight - this one is querying those experienced thru-hikers:

Is it better to put on some bodyfat before hiking the trail?  I can gain and
lose weight pretty easily, so I was wondering if people found it was better
to lose weight to have less to cart around on the trail, or to gain a bit of
fat they could then burn off while hiking and not be as hungry/rely on if
they didn't have enough food.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

Regards,
Eric

--
Because we don't think about future generations, they will never forget us.
~Henrik Tikkanen

“The things you own end up owning you.”* -*Tyler Durden, *Fight Club*

"The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly
salary."—David Hieatt