[pct-l] powdered sour creme, powdered pure maple syrup....

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:59:33 CST 2011

Yes, I used them last year, and loved the sour cream, and cheese pdr.
 Shipping is kind of pricey, but the products I tried were great.  What I
didn't see on a quick glance was my favorite, which was their actual
"Cheddar Powder" which is the same as Kraft mac and cheese pdr.  With the
addition of that I could make my mac and cheese or Lipton sides, and
numerous other dishes, much higher in protein and much cheesier.  It was so
popular on trail I'd have Katie send out more than I needed and trade on
trail.

Now, the "Cheddar Powder" is not what they call "Cheese Sauce Powder."  I
found out about this company last year on an East Coast Hikers forum, and
they recommended against buying the "cheese sauce powder" because it's
actually much less actual cheese, and has a lot of thickeners and other
stuff in it.  I never tried it, but any sauce is usually full of starch of
some kind.  I just thickened my dishes with the pure cheddar cheese powder,
and loved it.  It seemed to me that I had to go hunting on their web site to
find it, and that like the page Sugar Momma posted, it wasn't with the
cheese sauce powder.  Don't know why they do that, but the product was a
real hit on trail, and I never got tired of it.

Shroomer