[pct-l] Bounce Boxes

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:11:01 CST 2011

>> What do you guys think about using bounce boxes for food and toiletries
>> re-supply along the entire trail? I live in Canada, and I really dont want
>> to deal with the hassel of sending food across customs yadda yadda...
>> My plan is to just load up at the bigger towns, and fire bounce boxes ahead
>> ful of food and supplies.
>> Tony

Hey Tony,

If you do not mind eating the lesser quality food you might find along
the way that is a viable option.

Another option would be to come into the USA a week early with a list
of what food you want to eat and a list of where to send each box, and
spend a week buying and shipping. Could either stay at a hiker angles
house or get a hotel for a week.

Another option would be to contact http://hawkvittles.com/ and have
him make all of your food and ship it directly from his place.
Shipping would cost a bit more as he would be shipping from the East
Coast out to the West Coast, but when I asked him about supporting
PCT'ers last year and he said he was more than willing to do this.
And, the finest trail-food I have ever eaten. I have been buying about
$100 bucks a month from him and storing it up in individual boxes to
ship out.

I guess it all just depends on your budget and how good of food you want to eat.

John