[pct-l] Chaos On The PCT

Tow, Doug DTow at americanriverbank.com
Tue Mar 1 19:42:51 CST 2011

PCT PARTICIPANT PANIC OFFICIALLY SETS IN

Western United States - With the arrival of March, the low fever of a
few has developed into a full-blown panic of hundreds, as hikers
anticipate and prepare for their Pacific Crest Trail departure.  Rumors
abound of grown men and women sleeping on the floor, walking in the
freezing rain, and packing and repacking their gear.

Homeland security has gone to alert Orange in response to email chatter
about "resupply buckets," "bounce boxes," and, most alarming of all, the
best way to "protect my pack" at airport check-in.  In an attempt not to
alert authorities, suspects are advising their adherents to avoid flying
with Bic lighters, hexamine tablets, and isobutane.  There appears to be
an indecipherable code in use nicknamed
ADZPCTKOMYGODMYPACKCANTWEIGHSEVENTEENFRIGGINPOUNDSOMGOMGOMG.

Paranormal activity is on the rise as well.  Incredible stories of
"angels" and "beautiful oases in the desert" and feet spontaneously
growing as much as 2 1/2 sizes are rampant.

"I don't know what's going on," commented San Diego grocery store owner
Sal Fishburn, "but I got these wild-eyed people asking how long my
tortillas stay fresh.  How should I know?  Don't folks just buy them and
eat them?  Then, those loonies see how many of them they can stuff in
this big blue plastic keg thingie.  Geez!"

Shroomer, Steel-Eye, and Halfmile, whose real names are being withheld
pending notification of next of kin, have made valiant attempts to calm
raw nerves, to no avail.

byline Doug Tow

“This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.”