[pct-l] Section hike from Warner Springs to Cabazon

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:59:38 CST 2011

That section is really gorgeous, but could be deep in snow in April.  Apache
Peak and Fuller Ridge were two of the most dangerous sections of the whole
trip last year.  There was a lot of snow last year, and crossing that
section in early May was really tough.  Just check the weather and the melt
off before deciding.  I used Yaktrax on my shoes here and they were totally
inadequate.  One was in shreds by the time I finished Fuller Ridge.  Thank
God the other one lasted to hwy 10.  I went to Kahtoola light weight 10
point crampons for the High Sierra, and wished I'd had them for the San
Jacintos earlier.

Shroomer