[pct-l] Timberline trail conditions

Andrew mooreai1121 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 15:24:17 CDT 2011

I am at Timberline Lodge right now as I am posting this.  I have been up here hiking and training for the past week and have spoken to many locals about general trail conditions.
Reportedly there was a washout in 2006 that has made the Timberline Trail (trail that circumnavigates the top of Hood) impassable at a certain point.  There have also been reports of hikers leaving rope aides behind to make it somewhat possible for el loco danger hikers...but there are no guarantees that they will be there and there use is heavily discouraged.
These are just reports I've gathered through conversation as I have not been on the trail yet.
Much luck.
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone...i.e., forgive spelling and grammatical errors;)