[pct-l] Epic Weather Year Continues

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Wed Jun 29 13:40:38 CDT 2011

What was interesting was that, by chance, we were coming off the trail at
mile 1122 on Tuesday (yesterday) when we saw the front approaching in the
morning. By noon, we had 100% cloud coverage overhead and by our TRTA
evening presentation (1830) it was beginning to rain at 6300 feet. One of my
Pro Ski Patrol friends from last season at Heavenly said that it was snowing
on the mountain above South Lake Tahoe!

We have so gotten used to the drought weather cycles of the past 20 years
that we fail to remember what the weather was like back in the 50s-70s!
Maybe the weather is saying, "I'm baaack!"

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd