[pct-l] tents

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:21:02 CDT 2011

Steel-eye wrote:

Except for late-season in Washington I rarely pitch the shelter:  Maybe once
every two weeks.

But don't misinterpret what Steel-eye said.  It's true that it rarely rains
on the PCT so if you're comfortable with cowboy camping you'll not use your
shelter very often.  However, that doesn't mean you can skimp on your
shelter.  When you need it, you *really* need it so carry whatever you feel
confident can get you through a serious winter storm.  For some people
that's a poncho tarp, and for others it's something more substantial, but
don't go thinking, "Well, it never rains on the PCT so I don't have to
prepare for that eventuality."

Eric