[pct-l] (no subject)

Mark Hudson mhudson89521 at att.net
Tue Jun 28 14:03:36 CDT 2011

I was at 49 again last saturday, and hiked up to the jeep road NB on the pct.  The PCT intersects the jeep road to the buttes at 7200 +- and from that point on it was solid snow.  Below that however it was almost clear.  At the trail head I talked to several guys who I believe made it from 49 to jackson meadows reservoir ok.

On my drive over the mountain (on 49 from 89) I noticed a significant snow melt from the week before.  Most all the snow below 6000 is clear and only patchy to the summit there.

I live in reno and am heading north again (up to portola ca) for the holiday weekend on Friday, if I can help with a ride even a bit out of my way, give me a yell

775 813 3502  mark