[pct-l] Yosemite to Echo Lake - follow up

Tow, Doug DTow at americanriverbank.com
Mon Jun 27 17:49:43 CDT 2011

The PCTA "trail conditions" tab had this posted on June 23:

6/23/2011
	Just talked with my son. He and two of his friends are at the
top of Ebbetts Pass. They left Yosemite Valley on 6/14/11. He said that
snow is 5 to 8 feet deep everywhere, and water crossing are a challenge.

They are pushing on and plan to be in Echo Lake around Noon on 6/23/11.
There is a hiker ahead of them that they plan to catch today, and i
think he said there was a group further ahead. I might have got that
wrong. Cell reception wasn't that great.

These are probably the three I met in Strawberry and gave a ride back to
Echo Summit on Saturday afternoon, June 25.  The departure from Yosemite
Valley, and their passing Ebbetts Pass on June 23 fits their
description.  They said that they were from Colorado.  They said that
they planned to drop their bear cans near Donner Lake.  I could be
mistaken, but I think they said that their hike would terminate
somewhere in Washington.

They might be walking alone as a threesome for a while - catching or
finding someone ahead would be some trick....

Doug

“This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.”