[pct-l] tahoe accomodations, and temp TC trail angel info

Matt Geis mgeis at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 14:10:21 CDT 2011

If anyone is interested, my family and I have a vacation rental in Tahoe that we're happy to rent out (at a "PCT discount" rate) to thrus and their families, support teams, etc.  Pets -- i.e. dogs, pack mules, horses, llamas, pack ferrets, etc. are unfortunately not allowed.

You can see the info at www.vrbo.com/77042, or contact me offline for more info.  It's a very short walk to the lake, in Tahoe City (a great town for R&R, with good restaurants and gear outfitters, some of whom are very active supporters of the PCT/TRT community).  The nearest point of approach to the PCT by car is at Barker Pass.  Other options are to drop in on Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley from above, or to head down to Sunnyside on the TRT by jumping off the PCT between Barker Pass and Alpine.

We have some availability left in July, from 7/5-12 and 17-22.

Also, we'll be up there from around 7/30 to 8/6, so if anyone needs help, you can reach me at 415-713-3407.  Hikers usually get through that area earlier in the summer, but the snow levels this year are anything but usual.

Iron Chef