[pct-l] advice for starting in Oregon...too much snow??

Jennifer Smith jennifersswindle at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 23:40:42 CDT 2011

I am a first time PCT hiker and was planning to start at Sisters on July 11 and
head north to Stehekin, but looking at current trail conditions has me worried.
Avalanche at Milk Creek?? 50 feet of snow?? Is the snow totally unmanageable?
Does it look like it will melt much by mid July? I only have 6 - 7 weeks to hike
- if the PCT isn't going to be hikable, any suggestions as to where I should
hike instead? I live in Spokane, WA.. Any suggestions or information
is welcome!!