[pct-l] Blind Guy Finishes the Arizona Trail

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:26:57 CDT 2011

> .------------------------------
>
> . I realize I open myself to a plethora of guffawing responses about how
> rugged the PCT is compared to the AZT, etc. etc. .
> --Fireweed

While the AZT is significantly shorter (only 800 vs 2700 miles) and I've
only done a handful of sections (they call them passages) of it -- it has
some pretty tough sections.
It is no slouch of a trail.  It has it share of bad tread, no water, and
isn't well marked in many places.

I'm impressed by anyone completing the AZT, the PCT, the AT, the CDT, or any
of the long trails - for they each have unique challenges that a thru hiker
has to overcome.  Doing any of them Blind is just remarkable!  Having done
some of them sighted I could not imagine the additional challenges without
sight.

Day-Late