[pct-l] Avoiding snow in Northern Cal.

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:27:09 CDT 2011

From: "Gregory L. Colvin" <colvin at adlercolvin.com>
Subject: [pct-l] Avoiding snow in Northern Cal.

> Driving, we couldn't get up to Badger Flat on the northside of Lassen
> Park, and we couldn't actually get to Peavine Creek, both due to snow on
> the roads.

Thanks, Greg, for your update about conditions in Lassen Park.  You can find
the PCT conditions at Lassen Park's website at
http://www.nps.gov/lavo/planyourvisit/trail_conditions.htm which shows most
if not all of the trails through the park snow covered at this time.  They
do disclaim that their information might not be the latest, but I'd say
they're spot on since Greg can verify.

BTW, the snow conditions shown on the photo on the trail at Domingo Springs
were, according to my sometimes fallible GPS, were at 5100 feet.

Piper's Mom