[pct-l] Avoiding snow in Northern Cal.

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Jun 11 12:34:20 CDT 2011

You won't be hiking in the High Sierra at all if you start NOBO from
Mt. Lassen or anywhere north of there. The High Sierra is all south
of there.

I have no idea how much snow there is in the Lassen area, but the
trail through there isn't very technical or high altitude. It's
mostly flat and for a good distance it is even an old dirt road. So
even if there was snow, I doubt you'd need crampons or an ice axe.
Just good route-finding skills.

Diane