[pct-l] Trying to plan transportation in Norcal

Sevenon7th@yahoo.com sevenon7th at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 13:09:45 CDT 2011

Hi there....

This is why thru-hiking is better than section hiking (or at least one  of the
myriad of reasons).... I'm trying to figure out transportation for a section
hike (I can't think of anyplace I'd rather spend my birthday than on the trail!)
in Northern California....

I'm hiking from Old Station to Castella in late June, and have looked into
flying into Reno and getting a ride.... (this may work) then taking the train
back to Seattle from Dunsmir....

I'm also looking at just driving down to Old Station and trying to figure out
how to get back to my car when I'm finished...
Does anybody out there have any clues as to any resource available to get back
to Old Station from Castella?   Any idea where one might park a vehicle safely
for a week?

I'm just now trying to finalize travel plans and I sure wish I was thru-hiking
(then I wouldn't have to figure out these weird logistics!!!)

Thanks for any suggestions.
Splash