[pct-l] Virus from PCT MOM

Glenn Bradford glenn.bradford at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:39:34 CDT 2011

An important distinction with the Gmail hacks going on...

Google claims that these hacks are not breaches of their user
information, but rather viruses on people's computers providing the
user's password to a remote listener, who then illegally enters the
Gmail account and uses it.

That means:
1 - Make sure you have good anti-virus protection on your computer.
2 - Once you have scanned your machine with the anti-virus app, change
your Google password.
3 - Make sure that you are using Gmail with HTTPS. It is enabled by
default for new accounts, but better safe than sorry by following
Google's directions at
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=74765 to make sure
'Always use https' is turned on.

I'm sure you've gone through all that, but there it is again!

Cheers,
Glenn
http://www.thewalk-about.com/