[pct-l] Starting a thru-hike in January from San Diego?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jul 26 19:57:13 CDT 2011

Of course everybody piled on to tell you it was suicide. One
suggestion: prolong your schooling one semester and start in the
Spring. Another: Get a crap job for a couple of months and start in
the Spring. If you have a job already lined up, then choose a
different trail or become a section hiker. The PCT only has a short
window to start a thru-hike and the low altitude segments in Southern
California don't last long enough to start in January.