[pct-l] Tent on a PCT Hike Thru

Swope Christopher sswwooppee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:44:14 CDT 2011

What shelter to take is based solely on personal needs. I saw everything from no shelter at all to 8 lbs. 4 season tents.

Personally, I can't get to sleep if I'm worrying about being gnawed on by insects. I can't figure out how others can, but they do.

In 2010, it seemed like the most common shelter out there was the single wall, TarpTent style.