[pct-l] Section J - Stevens to Snoqualmie

Brian cleveland_brian at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 14:19:11 CDT 2011

Hi,

First time user here.  My friend and I are planning on doing Section J of the PCT - Stevens to Snoqualmie from August 14 thru the 20th. Obviously there is sitll a TON of snow in the mountains.  Has anyone done this section before, and if so... are the trails typically passable during this time of year?  It's hard to predict how conditions will be in 3 weeks - but we are hoping conditions improve so we can go as planned. Also - if anyone has any good "camping areas" along that route, I'd love to hear what they are.  As of now, we are thinking about camping at the following places.  Trap Lake, Deception Pass, Deep Lake, Escondido Ridge, Spectacle Lake and Ridge Lake on the last night.  We are also considering a detour to Robin Lakes - it's high on the list as well.

Any input or just thoughts in general would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.