[pct-l] Etna

John Abela abela at johnabela.com
Sun Jul 24 14:21:03 CDT 2011

Thanks for the info everybody!

I just spoke with Vicki at the Hikers Hut, she said she had 7
thru-hikers last night and 6 the night before.

I think what I will do is head over on Wednesday morning and scope out
the area and try to get setup late afternoon. I am going to try to
spend two nights there, so that would put me there to offer rides on
Wednesday afternoon/night and Thursday all day, and than mid day
through Friday.

I would love to have some other folks there helping out, or just to
hang out with. If you are up for helping out drop me an email and lets
work out some details!

Vicki from Hikers Hut said that the Hut itself is likely to be rented
out to an entire family, but they will have a bus/rv and lots of
pleasant ground to sleep on, did not ask about pricing, forgot too,
sorry. I will probably camp out as close to the trail as I can without
causing problems nor having to sleep right beside a road.

John