[pct-l] Hikers over Yosemite falls

PCT List pctlist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 15:29:35 CDT 2011

Instead of looking for an acceptable place to cross a raging creek, I
asked my hiking partner if she was ok to jump from rock to rock to
cross, with a lethal outcome if you missed.

We both made it without incident, but the nagging "what if" has always
haunted me. The jump was a bit of a stretch, but doable. Had I fallen
it would have been bad, had she of fallen it would have been much,
much worse. Regrets, lessons learned.

P.S.
Regarding the church group members going over the falls; somewhere I
think it's written that the devout can't be nominated for 'Darwin'
awards, it was gods will. ;)

-postholer

Let's all chime in here! What's your stupidest thing that you've ever
done in the wilderness? Maybe we can all learn from each other's
mistakes.