[pct-l] HIKER STUCK IN NOR CAL

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 12:16:14 CDT 2011

Hi Jim,
I appreciate your kind offer of information on Amtrak - Reno to Truckee.  I had already checked into that and found that the only scheduled train on that route leaves Reno at 8:36 AM.  I would be in Reno at 12:15 PM on the previous day via the ESTA bus. I would have to spend the night in Reno to catch AMTrak. I am confident that I could hitch to Truckee within an hour or so and hitch on to Sierra City and be there before 6:00 PM. My horse will be waiting there.  I would be on the trail, riding south, well before the 8:36 AM time.

Thanks again,
MendoRider