[pct-l] Fw: SPOT messenger

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 11:12:49 CDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Edward Anderson <mendoridered at yahoo.com>
To: Philippe Gouvet <philippe.gouvet at orange.fr>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] SPOT messenger

I was given a free one by our local SPOT rep so he could put me on his website. He also gave one to Zack, the 17-tear-old who sailed his boat around the world.  The SPOT always worked for me.  You have to be sure that you have a clear sky above and wait for the indicator lights to confirm that the message has been sent.  It gave my wife real peace of mind and she could actually see satellite pictures of my location.

Have a good hike.
 MendoRider