[pct-l] Seeking Tahoe Rim Trail thru-hiking partner

Gideon Scher gideonscher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 02:36:27 CDT 2011

Hi to all

I am an international graduate student at Georgetown University in DC. I am
looking for a partner to thru-hike the Tahoe Rim Trail with me in the 1st
week of August. I will be visiting family in Palo Alto and will be driving
up from there to the trail. I have lived half my life in South Africa and
half in Israel and have hiked extensively in both countries. I have also
pieced together about 180 miles of the AT over the last year between papers
and exams. I would like to hike 10-15 miles a day. I can do more but I am
not out to set or break any records. I just want to hike and see some of the
US. I was planning on doing a PCT section, but as with many others, nature
and the snow changed my plans. I have all my own gear + a 2 person tent. I
will be in the Palo Alto area end of July/beginning of August if any
potential hiking partners would like to meet. You can reply off list and if
anyone knows of additional ways to find a TRT partner please let me know.

Many thanks,
Gideon